Saturday 4 February 2012

Bathroom

I have one coat of paint in the bathroom. It's really dark. I know it's going to look good with the wainscoting and the white shelving and probably a white cupboard of some sort, but right now it's just... dark. It looks almost black, maybe I should use a flash when I take a picture. But I'm scared to put it up, because I don't want you to not like it. Mostly I really want it to look ok so I don't have to repaint, and I keep telling myself it's fine. I've only painted one wall and the bathroom and I'm already tired of it... bleh. If I just left the drywall and mud unpainted could we call it modern??

Maybe I'll post a picture tomorrow.

(Josh has also been hard at work, doing lots. Like lots lots. Both bedrooms have been demoed and uninsulated and re-insulated. Drywall has been replaced. My island is framed and the living room is in the process of getting demoed, uninsulated and re-insulated. And I suppose I could post pictures of it, but they're not fun. In the pictures defense I would rather look at drywall then be anywhere near it. The same goes for insulation. I liked mudding for about 5 minutes. That was it. Now it's tedious and awful and messy and I don't really know what I'm doing. Also sanding it down was not a job meant for wimps... which I might be... you can decide for yourself, but after sanding two bathroom walls (it is not a big bathroom) my arms felt like noodles. I sat on the unfinished kitchen floor and watched Josh work for the rest of that evening. He finished it for me... it probably didn't take him long.)

Oh because pictures make blogs cool, here is the tap I think is neat for the bathroom. The one I actually got isn't quite as neat, but I'm thinking about taking it back so I can order this one... it's a little cheaper too. There isn't much to think about it seems.



The bathroom tap I'm going to order.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that tap!

Unknown said...

Thanks!!!

Jody said...

Pictures, pictures, pictures. Please?