Wednesday 16 January 2013

It seems like this should have taken a lot less time.

Our living room wasn't absolutely horrible. We could have lived in it... probably. Yes the carpet was maybe a little yucky and the texture on the ceiling wasn't my favorite. However, once you take out a wall, redoing all the insulation doesn't seem unreasonable (good call, I wouldn't have liked 400$ utility bills) and that basically means a complete reno.

Dad is standing by the wall we took out... just behind him is the front door and a little entry closet. The idea was nice... the chopped up rooms were not.
Taking down walls. The carpet is also out.. but that happened the first night they started ripping stuff out.

Subfloor.

Note: insulation falling from the ceiling and the awesome door I wasn't allowed to keep. (Look how tiny and cute my baby was!)
Beam in place and the ceiling is semi-patched.
Warm walls!!
Getting rid of the textured ceilings... and by getting rid of I mean covering up!
All drywalled and ready for some paint.
Getting ready to move in. (White trim! White trim!)

 Yesterday. I very lived-in look.....

On an unrelated note, there is a green, uncapped marker somewhere in this house. I can not find it and the Caed refuses to tell me where he put it.

3 comments:

Just A Girl said...

I know where it is.

And I love your house. Though I think you already know that!

Florence said...

Is that a "Where's Waldo" question...wondering if we can find it in the picture somewhere??? :) Just wondering!!! I love the open space!!!

jannafaye said...

too bad, that was a cool door! but yours is purple now, right? which is also sweet.

i love your house - look at you, all grown up with a hubby and babe and house and cat. soon you'll have those sticker decals on the back of your car with the three of you and the cat!