Saturday 2 February 2013

The bathroom.

I think this was maybe one of my favorite rooms to redo. Granted, I didn't have anything to do with the plumbing and I definitely had a lot of help with the tiling. And I didn't demolish, frame anything or insulate or put up drywall or install the wainscoting.... But I did most of the mudding, painted and, the best part, picked everything out. Except the tub. Josh picked it out. I like it a lot. Good pick, hubby! I have probably posted too many pictures, but I think it was a pretty cool transformation. You may have seen some of these before.

 The cupboard looks out to the hallway. If you're looking through it you can see our bedroom door on the other side. I actually looked into a closet with the washer and drier. It's placed above a shower-less bathtub. I'm really not sure what the point in it was...
 
 The wall to the right is going to come out! As is the window.
 
 All openned up. We took out the closet in what is now Caed's room as well as the laundry closet in order to make the bathroom bigger. The laundry closet both openned up the bathroom and allowed us to put a closet back into Caed's room, albeit a bit of a smaller one.
 
 The brothers finishing taking out the closets. The picture is taken standing in front of the bathroom window so you can see the two bedroom doors there as well as part of the hallway to the side door.
 
 Taken from Caed's room. The big opening is where the closet was and the smaller opening to the left is Caed's now closet.

 Stripped to the studs! In order to re-insulate and put a water resistant cement board in.

 The bathtub. It's in what was once Caedmon's closet.
 



 Cement board in and partially mudded.

 Paint.

 In-floor heating. By far the best part of the bathroom. Thanks dads for helping me put it in!
 
 The controls to keeping my toes warm.

 Adhesive to stick down the water-proof barrier. (I'm sure it has a more technical term.)
 
 Dad mixing the grout.

 Ain't this bathroom getting moldy or rotting! The previously mentioned water proof membrane.
 
 Starting to tile.
 
 Brother Josh giving tiling a go.
 
 Before it's grouted.

 Grouted and wainscoting is starting to go in.
 


 Everything is installed and the bathroom is pretty and ready to use.

 Lived in and used daily bathroom. The finished product!


Well. That is our bathroom. It isn't huge, but I think it's a nice size. No en-suites in this house so it's our one and only right now. But we like it and since the Caed only uses it when I make him bathe we get along just fine. 

2 comments:

Florence said...

Lov-erly!! You've done a beautiful job with the bathroom (as with every other room)!! :) Nice tub! Love the space you have in it too. It has a nice, clean, fresh look...which is always nice in a bathroom!!

Unknown said...

Wow! What an awesome transformation.