Wednesday 27 February 2013

I got bored... again.

I am good at starting things. I get bored. So didn't feel like posting pictures of the bedrooms... they're not very exciting. That's why. The rooms I posted are exciting. And we use them lots. And I like them lots. But our bedrooms... they're just kind of there. And used to sleep in. 

And so I didn't post anything.

Know what's coming up fast? April. Know how I know this? Because I have a plane ride with an almost 2 year old to think about. I do not particularly like planes. Often I have a miniature panic attack before we board. It makes my head hurt. And then we had a kid. It makes it so much worse. Now I'm not only worried about falling out of the sky, I am constantly thinking about what will make getting through the airport easier, how will we entertain a small, extremely active child for 4 hours on a plane (after a 3 hour car ride) and how will we get him home happily. And last year I need not have worried at all. He slept. But he's older now. And I'm scared again. Also I'm flying back alone... my arms might get tired.

So I am working on yet another project. This one doesn't necessarily have a finish so when I get bored, my husband can't make fun of me. Or constantly suggest that I work on that *enter unfinished project here* whenever I ask what I should do. But Caed has the working of a quiet book.

I knew I would make him one at some point. About a year ago I was helping my parents clean out the house we lived in for...... 18? years... a long time anyway. There was A LOT of stuff in it. So. Much. Stuff. Memories. So many memories. And we came across quiet books, that I believe my Aunty Kathy made us when we were little. (If it was you who made them, and you are not my aunt, I apologize. And I will correct this story.) I still remember playing with them... until we lost a bunch of pieces. But such is life. Hopefully I can keep up with any missing pieces from our book and just replace them.

It's fun. I like finicky sewing. I do not want to make clothes or anything else that needs some element of perfection. That is not me. Not even close. But if you need some sort of something in the shape of a triangle. Done. I can do that. So, since I'm artistically lacking in the drawing abilities I was a little bit worried how I was going to make it, you know, look like something. Let alone semi-nice and so that maybe Caed might kind of want to look at it, let alone play and learn. But I found the most wonderful lady of all time. She IS artistic, and then she shares with us unable. I can trace like a pro!! I change somethings up. But mostly, I'm just a great instruction follower. Thank-you Stephanie! (Ya, I just linked her blog twice. She's that wonderful.)

I made my own, all by myself today. It was a counting one. I couldn't find any number pages I liked anywhere... so I took elements of ones I found and made it up. I could only do this because I printed out numbers and then cut straight lines. But I think it turned out good... I may be biased.

I still have an unfinished afghan I was knitting for Caed before I knew he was a Caed.

(I don't think I remember how to knit anymore...)

1 comment:

Florence said...

I'm proud of you for creating the book for Caed! Way to go! :) As for the knitting...someone can show you how to knit again...if you want to finish it!! ;) I have one of those unfinished afghans too!! Something I should finish sometime too!!! They say creative people always have a few unfinished projects on the go...so they have something to go to when they're "in the mood"!!