Wednesday 13 June 2012

I Never Told You What I Chose Because of You

So a while back, quite long back, I took a vote. I asked what I should do for bedroom light fixtures- pretty lights or ceiling fans. Ceiling fans won! I was actually a little bit sad. Practical didn't seem like as much fun. Sometimes when I'm on the Ikea website I'm still a little sad. I had great lights picked out. But the ceiling fans are in. And they are wonderful!!!! I don't know how we would sleep without them. Not only do they do their actual job really, really well- it feels great having the cool air blowing on you while you're sleeping. But they also work really well as white noise. Which is great when we put Caed to bed. Which is also great when I go to bed. (Recall that we live near the highway. When we're awake you don't notice it. When it's six in the morning and people with fast, noisy cars are trying to get to work *cough* my little brother *cough* * at 630 in the morning and I still have an hour and a half of sleep, the highway noise is noticed.)

Speaking of light fixtures, people have mentioned liking them, but no one has said anything along the lines of "hey, woman, do you realize that you have 5 different types of light fixtures that I can see while sitting in this one chair?" That's right, no one cares! 

Hmm. What else can I tell you? Caed's room is almost completely put together. A wonderful improvement from last post. We just need to fix the shower so we can finish his closet. Then the costco sized diaper and wipes boxes can go in there. And he can hang his clothes in his closet instead of mine. Yay.

And the dresser refinishing went well. I didn't take a before picture, so I wasn't sure about the impact of an after.

Never, never, never choose to put in dark hardwood. I mean you can do what you want, I'm just saying. But it never, never, never looks clean. Well that's not true. It looked clean for like an hour, before Josh got home, while Caed was sleeping. So that was worth the crawling around on hands and knees giving them a good scrub. But it really was. It felt really good to get it really actually clean. Although I do still like my swiffer and its wet pads.

*Sorry Josh, I know it's not you driving to work in your car. I feel bad enough about blaming you that I recognize that, not bad enough that I will delete it. You are being lumped in with the rest of sports car owning people. Yes, yes you are.

2 comments:

Florence said...

LOL!! You make me laugh - thanks, I needed it! :) I like the idea of Caed hanging his clothes in his own closet!!! :)
And yes...we did comment after we left his birthday party that we really didn't notice the traffic noise in the backyard!!! That was surprising to us...but then maybe it was just the amazing company we were with that helped us overlook the noise! :)

Unknown said...

I'm sure it was the company... :D