Thursday 19 April 2012

The Purple Door

Darci came and helped last night. 

I'm not sure if I posted anything about my purple door in the past, but if I did you may have noticed that it looked very much like black. Also, when I painted it the furnace wasn't working. And even though this past winter has been a warm one, it was not quite summer weather. And my hands were cold. And I dropped the can of paint and spilled it everywhere. Which wasn't really a big deal because everything was getting redone still. Except the front window. But we let it dry and then my lovely husband scraped it off. 

To sum up. Purple was actually black. I threw it everywhere. And doors obviously can't be white. So I had to try again.

And this time I think they're actually purple. Darci came and painted them so I didn't waste another can of paint. So that was nice. They need another coat. But I think I really like it. That being said. I haven't gone back to look what it looks like dry.

Pretty sister painting. :)


The purple paint was really thick. I'm not sure if that's because it's exterior paint, or behr paint or what, but really really thick. It plops more than pours. I can't even think of anything to relate it to. After Dar was done painting purple, she started painting some of the interior doors with the white. It was semi frustrating, because the white paint is like normal paint, but she found it runny and ineffective. I forgot to take a picture of that.

So while Darci was painting doors purple. I was painting ceilings white. Painting white on white is difficult. It's really hard to see where you've painted. Especially in our not so well lit house. But the living room and kitchen have one coat of paint on. Yay.

And while we were painting, Josh was actually installing the flooring in Caed's room. So that's really exciting.

 It needs a swiffer... but you get the general idea.

 Close up. I'm not sure why it looks so red. I don't think it is this red.


Oh. And I filled some of the holes in the wainscoting and trim in the bathroom. Which was not hard, did not take long, and was pink. Fun! It dries white. So they say. But the pink is fun.

Pink!

4 comments:

jannafaye said...

you need that ceiling paint that looks blue but dries white, that stuff looks awesome but if maybe a little fancy. I LOVE THE PURPLE DOOR! so perdy! and the pink stuff is sweet. too bad it doesn't stay pink! lol.

Kendra said...

I'm confused. WHERE is the purple door going?

Unknown said...

Two purple doors. Both the outside doors are purple. :)

Ashley to Josh: "Do you hate it?"

Josh: "It's purple..."

Ashley: "But do you hate it?"

Josh: "No. But it's purple."

We'll see how long we have purple doors for. I like them.

Unknown said...

Ya, you can get pink that dries white too, but I didn't see it at home depot and I also didn't see anyone to help so I don't even know if it was super expensive or if I could have had it. Sad. And thank you. I like it too.