Wednesday 11 April 2012

While I Was Sleeping...er, Away

I went away Easter weekend. Home. To see a large portion of my most favorite people. It was lovely. We cleaned out the farm house, and visited lots and celebrated anniversaries, and Jesus being alive and Caed didn't nap.

And while I was doing all this. My husband worked on the house. Lots. Like lots and lots. 

So the mudding is ridiculously close to being done. Josh is my hero. I love him. Even more since he did most of the mudding that was left. Like almost all. Amazing. We now have doors. One is even installed. So if my toilet is ever hooked up there will be privacy when using it. My island is drywalled. It looks clean and pretty. I'm sure I'm forgetting things. Oh the cold air exchange is hooked up. But that's boring. I'm just so happy to see very little mudding in my future. Yay.

So we went last night and I actually starting painting. Caed's room is very white right now. White ceiling paint and white primer. It's pretty bright. Hopefully we'll get his room put together in the next 7 days. It would be sooner, but 2 coats of paint drying and flooring acclimatizing takes time.

And Josh did some more mudding... and sanding... I thanked him for doing all the horrible jobs.

Insulation in attic! Dusty yucky work. Josh sat in the attic for a few hours being showered in this. It's cellulose.



 Cold air return.

 Pantry door. It looks installed but it's just sitting there. I found out when I tried to open it last night.

 Bathroom door. So nice. It still needs to be painted.

 Side door! I installed those knobs... Josh did everything else.

 It looks like a house!

Notice anything?? No awnings!!

5 comments:

jannafaye said...

yeah josh! he worked his hiney off and it looks awesome! it was lovely to see you this past weekend, and i hope your boy is napping and your foot is "heeling"! ha ha i'm punny.

Florence said...

It's really coming along!! Hard to believe the amount of work that goes into a house...... But it WILL be worth it when you finally get to move in!! It's looking good. :)
By the way...what did you do to your foot?? xo

Unknown said...

I think I needed that reminder. Silly house taking forever. Aaaand I fell down the stairs carrying Caed and in my attempt (and success!) to save him did a good number on my foot. So I limped around all weekend and got lots of sympathy. :)

KBL said...

Looking snazzy! I laughed at the caption "IT LOOKS LIKE A HOUSE" but that's only funny because it's a crazy dad quote.

Unknown said...

I'm sad because I don't think I know that story.