Wednesday 9 May 2012

3 Years

Warning: it might be too mushy. Feel free not to read it. 

Three years ago. Three years long ago I woke up after a deep sleep from staying up too late. Three years short years ago I opened the blinds in my room and saw snow. Three long years ago I got into the most beautiful dress I ever wore. Three short years ago I stood with my family and friends and froze while smiling for pictures. Three long years ago I walked with my arm linked in my daddy's as he carried walked me down the aisle. Three short years ago I cried as my dad gave me away. Three long years ago I stood next to four of my best friends. Three short years ago I held hands with my favorite person, my best friend and my love. Three long years ago I said I would stay with him for the rest of my life. Three short years ago I washed his feet.

Three years!! Yay! And some days have gone too fast. And some have seemed long. A lot has changed. And a lot has not. We moved to Ontario. We moved to Manitoba. We moved to Alberta. We went to school. We worked. We had a baby. And it has all been wonderful.

No, that does not mean that we have never fought. But it does mean that we have grown closer. We have laughed. And cried. Celebrated. Yelled. Just been.

And it's been pretty wonderful. 

I married a perfect man. (Yes, he farts a lot. Yes, he makes me mad sometimes. Yes, he doesn't always listen. Yes, he doesn't always understand.) He makes me giggle always, he fights fair, mostly, he loved me completely. I can always count on him to comfort me. I can always count on him to squeeze my hand. And I can always count on him to support me. 

I love that man!

No this isn't a wedding picture. I don't have any on the computer. Oops!

Happy Third Anniversary Joshua!

4 comments:

Florence said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Ashley & Josh. No, it wasn't to mushy - you balanced it out! LOL It is beautiful - but you forgot - you moved to Medicine Hat too!!!! YAY!!! You are a wonderful couple & we are SO blessed to have met you & to have you here with us. Love you. :)

jannafaye said...

cutie patoots. that was such a happy day. i cried alot...with happiness! i love you both, you are great friends and a wonderful couple who was meant to be!

Unknown said...

Oops!! I meant Alberta, not Winnipeg. Not sure where my head went. Consider that fixed.

Love you too Flo, and obviously it's ridiculously lovely knowing you too.

Unknown said...

Phff, speaking of meant to be....