Thursday 3 May 2012

Yes, that wall is holding up my magnet marker.


 Sorry for the horrible quality. I clearly was not very steady while taking this.

Yes, that wall is holding up my magnet marker.

Because I have a magnetic chalk board wall. And I think it's pretty cool. To the average eye it may just look like a black wall. Do not be deceived! This wall is a wall you can write on and hang things on... if you have chalk and the things have magnets, let's not get carried away.

In other news, our bedroom is half painted with one coat of paint. I ran out of tape to tape along the ceiling seam (I have a mennonite husband who insisted we had enough. We did not.)... but I did what I could. "Viking" if you recall. It's blue. I'm pretty sure Josh would have agreed to the color if it was fuchsia, as long as it was named "Viking." He has a thing for vikings. He has a toque that makes him look like a viking. Oh! And soon after our reunited friendship*, he saw me writing a paper on vikings and Polynesians... this may have struck him as pretty awesome and thus, thought of me as pretty awesome. I'm not going to say conclusively, but it may have been this first impression of awesomeness that made him take a second look at this girl and think "hey... maybe she's the girl." That or the blonde and pink hair. For me it was obviously seeing him without a shirt. But we'll just leave that at that.**

Viking. This is the best picture of the actual color... it was getting dark by the time I was done.


Hmm, we also did a little bit more flooring. I was busy painting at first though (see above), and although The Josh is very talented, it's straight up faster if someone is laying out the flooring for you to nail in. He also does all the cuts, because tools with blades scare me. Also, he had to do around the chimney, which takes time. 

And then we came home, because we were tired and making silly mistakes. 

Oh, anyone want a couple boxes of bamboo flooring? I'm about 98% sure we have too much. As in quite a bit too much. I'll confirm once we finish, but if I have any spacial capacity at all, and obviously barring any crazy, wild and unforseeable mess-ups, we are going to have some left over. Not just a box... boxES. So think about it.


So. Much. Flooring.

I don't think I ever showed you a picture of the painted living room. You can see the grey walls above or below.


And here is a picture of my boys playing Mario on the Wii. Well one of them is playing Mario. The other one is using the remote as a phone. 



*We went on Outtatown together. He then went to school in Ontario and I stayed in my Manitoba. He decided Manitoba was way more awesome than Ontario... or at the very least the people in it were (oh fine, maybe he just thought God had better plans and came to CMU to study BTS... but we can pretend), and came to the same school as all his Outtatown friends.

**Ok, maybe we won't. I want you all to still like me. I am a little bit shallow (but who doesn't appreciate the tall, blue eyed, curly haired, blonde boy?) but not quite that shallow. I mean, he is pretty easy on the eyes, but he's also a sweetie and so, so  many other things. And I saw him without a shirt because sometimes, while we were traveling the world, we went swimming... nothing weird, mkay. He's a boy! It's ok to see boys without shirts!

7 comments:

jannafaye said...

caed using the remote as a phone is the cutest thing ever.

Anonymous said...

You did Outtatown?? Did you go to AFRICA?

Anonymous said...

anonymous has to be blatz.
-kirsten

Florence said...

You make me laugh!! lol Looks like you worked hard today...making up for your last post!!! Looks great! Love the pic of your boys - they're both cute! :)

Kendra said...

Would bamboo flooring be good for children in my downstairs family room? Would there be enough for that? How much is it? (as in price)

Unknown said...

I did. And if you put me in a room full of others who did we would be glad to fill you in on many of our good times.

Unknown said...

I may have already found someone who wants it. If not then if would probably be fine with kids playing... I'm not sure if you'd want it in the basement though... But I'm no expert. Maybe it would be wonderful. :) If the person who mentioned wanting it changes their mind we can talk.