Monday 28 May 2012

Well, a lot has been done.

We're getting somewhere. The dishwasher and my kitchen sink got hooked up today. Yay! That means I get start cleaning off the piles and piles of dust that clings to my kitchen stuff. So. Much. Dust. Josh did it on his own too, so he's pretty proud. Electrical AND plumbing. What an amazing man.

I've been decently busy too. I've got pictures on the wall. The floor has been mopped many a time. There are curtains hanging. The bathroom door is painted. Flowers planted. Oh! And I went to Ikea.

 Towel Racks. And a toilet paper holder! I definitely took toilet paper holders for-granted all my life. They're so nice to have.

 My flowers! I've been waiting to plant these for a week now. Silly weather. I like them a lot.

 The start of my picture wall. It'll get bigger, just you wait.

 My curtains! We bought these way back in November. I think they look great. And it looks like home.

I did not get the shelf I intended. In fact, there was almost a break-down in the middle of Ikea. The shelving unit I thought I wanted was not the right color. It was a purpley brown and it would have looked silly next to my vanity. But I really needed a shelf. We cut out sooo much storage upstairs. A shelf was much needed in the bathroom. My mama said "Keep calm, dear, we'll find something." (That is definitely a paraphrase... but it was to that effect.) And we did. The shelf moms said would probably work. It's moments like these when it is so obvious why we love and need our mamas. She saved me from public humiliation. She found me a shelf. And in fact, she saved me monies, which is always really nice. I built it myself. I'm quite proud. Although if I'm being honest, most anyone probably could have built it. But I'm still proud.

My Ikea shelf on the left. The drawers and doors were separate. I should actually give Josh some credit, he screwed them in the shelf for me so they wouldn't wiggle. He also helped me move it. He's a great set of muscles to have around.


We've hung curtains. Hung towel racks. Insulated. Drywalled. Painted. Plumbed. Electricalled. Mopped. Laughed, cried, smiled, cheered. We're moving in this week guys.


Actually this time.

Ignore the messes in the following pictures. I know it's bad. We actually got it cleaned up after all the picture taking took place.






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Going to sound a bit stalkerish right now but the photo on the far left of your photo wall is different in the two photos you posted. Whats the deal? (did that make sense?)

The place looks crazy awesome however. Especially the living room, despite the case of the mysterious picture frame.

Terrell

Kendra said...

Aaah...it looks like a home now! I can't wait until you move in so we can hang out together!!!!

Jody said...

Oh, so lovely!

Brynne said...

Ashley your house is gorgeous! It looks so wonderful! I'm extremely jealous now looking around my beige apartment lol.

Unknown said...

You would notice. It's a really big frame, and when you want to change the picture in it, the case in this instance, it takes a while for it to get printed. So I hung it before the new picture came. You will also notice that in the first picture our faces are sideways. :)

Unknown said...

Ha! No kidding. And I hang things on my wall guilt free! How wonderful. Some day Brynne, someday.

Florence said...

Your home is beautiful - course I knew it would be! :) I can't wait till I can come over & have coffee/tea (whatever) with you. You have made it look very cozy & inviting. Move in & ENJOY - you've worked very hard for this day!!! I love the cabinet your mom found - it works perfectly in that space. YEAH Mom! :)
Now that I can see them up close, your flowers DO look beautiful. :)
PS Thanks for the link - I had typed it in that way too, but for some reason it just wouldn't work!!! I must have been doing something wrong!