Saturday 12 May 2012

How Did that Happen?

My baby turns one today. He's been around for one whole year. I have spent 365 days hugging him, talking to him, playing with him, watching him... 

Does anyone else feel like it was just last month that he was a tiny baby? Anyone? No, just me? Mmk.



They change so fast. 

So fast.


There I said it. I am like every other parent ever. 

What, from my baby who was sleeping always, cuddling constantly, to this little boy who is loud and busy and if I can hold him for 2 minutes without him squiggling away I consider it a good cuddle.



You have started to walk. Sometimes you're not brave enough. But you still try often. You try to talk. We even understand a couple of words. You are never ending curious. You sometimes call your mom 'mama' and sometimes call your dad 'dada', but most often anyone who's willing to hold you can be your 'mamamama' and 'dadadadadada' is just a fun word to sing, chant or babble. 



You've been able to hang out with your Great-Grandma this weekend. You have spent the entire time trying to show her how amazing you are and impress her. I'm sure you've succeeded.

You've started eating real people food!!!! You still love you cereal, but added to our list of banana, banana flavored items, and cheerios (and obviously powered donuts) you now eat crackers, raisins and you'll try food off our plates.

So here you are at one year precious boy. Taller and smarter and just as cute. 

You are mine. I will love you always. 

Lets enjoy another one!


1 comment:

Florence said...

Aw... brought tears to my eyes. He is adorable, & definitely a joy. His smile lights up his face..& mine too! :) Take the time to enjoy him - I know you do. He is growing quickly. May the Lord bless him & protect him. May he grow big & strong & learn to love the Lord too. We pray for him... & you both, too. xo